The best cities in Italy should be visited by everyone. If an Italy tour package is on your bucket list, this article is just for you! Who hasn’t watched the movie “Under the Tuscan Sun” and wanted to immediately start planning their own trip to Italy? Italy appeals to the heart and soul of the American traveler which is why, year after year, it ranks as one of the top destinations visited by Americans. Its great food, beautiful countryside, fabulous wine, and long history make it an excellent country to visit. From the cliffs of the Amalfi coast, to the canals of Venice to Italy’s diverse cultural attractions, few visitors leave disappointed. WrightStone Custom Travel is here to make your unforgettable tour of Italy a reality. We would appreciate the opportunity to help plan your tour package including the best cities to visit in Italy.
Italy Tour Packages Offer Food, Culture, and Amazing Scenery
Italy has produced some of the world’s greatest artists and thinkers. Vestiges of their lives can still be found in Italy’s architecture and beautiful countryside. With its 20 regions, each having its own character and regional cuisine, you can have several completely different experiences within the same country. So if you are planning a longer trip, it’s worth considering exploring a region in depth. Whether you are a nature lover, food and wine enthusiast, or history buff, Italy has it all. Rome with its HUGE architectural wonders, Florence an artist’s dream, Tuscany or Umbria where the pace is slow and the food and wine are amazing to the Amalfi Coast where I challenge you to come up with a more spectacular drive, a visit to Italy is a trip of a lifetime.
What’s your vision when you think about traveling to Italy? Could you see yourself enjoying one of our custom Italy tour packages? Would you like to explore small villages or study the art and architecture of great cities like Rome and Florence? How about experiencing firsthand the destruction of Pompeii or seeing the architectural wonder of the Leaning Tower of Pisa? Do you like adventure or relaxation? How about a romantic Italian Honeymoon? Maybe you would like to stay for a few months and live like the locals. Whatever you desire, our Italy tour packages can deliver the most amazing experiences of a lifetime. Whether your dream includes the David in Florence, the Colosseum in Rome, the vineyards in Tuscany , romantic Venice, the opera in Verona, the spectacular views in Amalfi, or the desire to experience Italian life, your trip to Italy will stay with you forever and leave you longing to return for more. When traveling to Italy, understand there is no way to see it all in one trip, so while you are there, spend the time you have allowing it to soak into your soul.
If you have never been to Italy and not sure where to go first, what about taking a Mediterranean cruise that includes Italy? This gives you the opportunity to visit several Italian cities easily and experience different parts of Italy. Then you can return later to explore the best cities to visit in Italy that inspired you the most.
The best cities to visit in Italy are A WrightStone Specialty
Contacting WrightStone Custom Travel will help you make the most of your time in the best cities to visit in Italy. Providing us with your vision of what your Italian tour looks like allows us to provide a vacation that is unique to your personality. Call or email us – we look forward to working with you.
Here are some suggestions for the best cities to visit in Italy:
- Rome – the eternal city is hustle & bustle all the time. There as so many Roman ruins here, you probably can’t see it all in one visit. The saying “Rome wasn’t built in a day” also translates to you can’t see it in a day. Did you that know you can take an underground tour of the Colleseum? How about a private tour in the Vatican? Don’t forget to drop a coin in the Trevi Fountain to ensure a return visit!
- Venice – One of the most romantic cities in the world. Experience a gondola ride and enjoy a romantic candlelight dinner. Visit St. Mark’s Basilica or the old Jewish Ghetto. Visit the islands of Murano & Burano. Don your mask, and visit during Carnival, a tradition of parties and festivals that dates back centuries.
- Pompeii – an ancient city destroyed by the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius but preserved in ash. You can walk around the ruins to discover what was happening the day the city was destroyed.
- Florence – One of the best cities to visit in Italy. The city of art. Visit the Uffizi Gallery and see masterpieces by artists, Botticelli, Giotto, Cimabue, Michelangelo and Raffaello. Visit Galleria dell Academia and see Michelangelo’s David, arguably the most famous sculpture in the world. Check out the shops selling gold & silver as you walk along Ponte Vecchio, Florence’s first bridge across the Arno River and is the only surviving bridge from Florence’s medieval days (others were destroyed in World War II).
- Siena – one of Italy’s best preserved medieval towns. Narrow streets lead to the Piazza del Campo – the heart of Siena. For a unique experience, visit during Siena’s Il Palio, a famous horse race held in the Piazza del Campo.
- Cinque Terre – 5 rugged villages along the Italian Riviera coastline. Each village is uniquely different. There are great hikes to do that range in difficulty.
- Amalfi Coast – located in the Southern part of Italy about a 1 ½ hours from Naples the drive is spectacular. With hillside villages, beautiful beaches and incredible views, spending time here is not wasted. You can visit the island of Capri from here. End your evening meal with an ice-cold homemade limoncello liqueur — every family has its own recipe.